Join ConnectSAT, the leader in innovation, manufacturing and operations in the small satellite industry. We are a pioneer of Space for good solutions. We are a unique, fast growing, and trusted team focused on quickly and economically designing, building, launching, and operating state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations.
ConnectSAT is seeking a(n) experienced Proposal Writer, reporting to the CEO. The candidate will collaborate with capture and proposal management, engineering and operations experts to author original proposal content on assignment from proposal design leads, researching the topic to aid strategy and technical development as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads proposal efforts of any size, from quick turn quotations to complex bids with multiple volumes requiring inputs from team members from all departments.
- Facilitates the proposal process from start to finish, including bid/no-bid, strategy, kick-off, status meetings, and various levels of reviews.
- Coordinates the assembly of narrative and financial responses from functional departments.
- Determines proposal deliverables from analyzing customer requirements (RFP, RFI, RFQ, etc.).
- Generates workflow schedules for proposal costing, narrative writing, reviews, production and submission
- Schedules the proposal kick-off meeting, produce high-level summaries and works with the CTO to identify team members, tasks and timelines
- Works with the Program Finance department to coordinate the costing/pricing/approval process
- Coordinates the proposal writing and review phases with volume leads and subject matter experts to refine proposal sections to ensure accuracy, compliance and consistency
- Prepares letters, compliance matrices, volume templates and other customer-facing response documents in accordance with proposal requirements.
- Follows-up and expedites timely responses from the proposal team.
- Tracks proposal deliverables according to the proposal schedule and schedules periodic status updates with the proposal team.
- Performs final response editing, formatting and proofreading reflecting win strategies, consistent with organization naming and branding conventions, and in compliance with proposal instructions
- Provides post-proposal support during revisions, subsequent Q&A, audits, fact finding and negotiations.
- Tracks and maintains proposal data in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database.
- Generates meaningful proposal metrics to support organization goals
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in Business (Accounting, Finance or Marketing) or related technical field preferred.
- Experience in engineering
- Experience in bids & proposals high-tech, fast-paced environment preferred. Experience in aerospace product sales/sales support, or program management/administration preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience with web conferencing and customer relationship management (CRM) database software.
- Experience in forecasting and in generating metrics.
- Excellent editing, proofreading and writing skills, with the ability to write persuasive proposal text.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to lead cross-functional meetings.
- High level of attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to prioritize workload, have a strong team player attitude, ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and work extended hours during major proposal deadlines.
- Analytical skills and an ability to filter and distill information to the appropriate audience.
- Flexibility in working with others at all levels of the organization that participates in the bid and proposal process.
Are you interested for this position ? if yes drop an email with attached curriculum and motivation letter to : [email protected] and don’t forget to mention the job title as subject.